As a part of e-governance program, the Department of General Education decided to automate the Kerala State Open School (KSOS). From 2009 onwards open private scheme has been automated by theIT@School project. All students who have passed SSLC from 2009 onwards can directly apply for the open private scheme online. Others can also apply, but not online. Processing is done together for all the students. The software enables easy registration for the students as they only need to fill-in their SSLC registration number and date of birth and their complete details with photo can be retrieved. The students then only need to choose their examination centers. Another attracting feature is that the students can opt up to ten choices for the examination centers. The system also generates conspicuous registration memos for each student, consisting of the detailed description of the allotted school, course undertaken and other student details with photo. The software has successfully allotted Open School admission online for 80,278 students who had applied online and 10,644 students who had applied manually.
- Hassle-free online registration.
- Ten options for choosing the examination centers and that too state wide.
- Processing of the students is made easier and can be done in less time.
- Details of the students are obtained easier.
- Verification of student records is also made easier.
- Various reports could also be generated, enabling the users to have a quick look on everything.
- System also provides data security by limiting the access of each user to the data they require.