On-Demand Examination System
Secondary and Sr.Secondary Leve
- There will be no On-Demand Examination during the month of October and November.
- Note : The On-Demand Examination for Secondary Course will be based upon the new Syllabus.
- On Demand Examination for Secondary and Sr. Secondary begins at the Regional Centre (Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chandigarh,Kochi, Jaipur, Patna, Allahabad, Bhopal, Dehradun, Bhubneshwar and Visakhapatnam sub-Regional Centre).
- Registration for On Demand Examination only for existing learners
- On-line Admission for learners wanting to appear in On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for Secondary Level
- Online Admission for Sr.Secondary for learners wanting to appear in On-Demand Examination at Sr. Secondary
- Result for On-Demand Examination
- Procedure and schedule for change of subject for Learners of stream 3 & 4 (12 KB)
- Re-evaluation of Answer scripts
- The features
- Result and Certification
- Student Brochure ( KB)
National Institute of Open Schooling has been working on the concept of On-Demand Examination (ODE) at Secondary Level since 2003 in the area of its feasibility and operationalisation. The novel concept of ODE is a great step in the direction of flexibility to the open and distance learning. This will make the total system of examination independent of the time frame and will help the student to take up the examinations as per their wish and preparation. The basic concept of On Demand Examination is that NIOS Student can walk into the examination center as and when he/she feel ready for the examination. NIOS re-introduced the ODES at Secondary level in 2005. With the success of ODE at Secondary level, NIOS started the On-Demand Examination in Sr.Secondary also from October 2007. At present, ODES is being conducted at NIOS HQ at NOIDA and at its 13 Regional Centres/Sub Centres of NIOS in the following subjects at Secondary and Sr.Secondary level.
- Secondary : Hindi (201), English (202), Sanskrit (209), Mathematics (211), Science & Technology (212), Social Science (213), Economics 214), Business studies (215), Home Science (216), Word Processing (219), Psychology (222), Indian Culture & Heritage (223) & Painting (225).
- Sr. Seconadry : Hindi (301), English (302), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics (311), Physics (312), Chemistry (313), Biology (314), History (315), Geography (316), Political Sc. (317), Economics (318), Business Studies (319), Accountancy (320), Home Science (321), Psychology (328) ,Sociology (331), Painting (332) and Environmental Science (333).
- Medium of Question Paper : The Question Paper will be in English and Hindi Medium Only, However the Regional Medium Candidates want to appear through the On Demand Examination will have a choice of Answering the Question Paper in the respective Regional Medium and no Regional Medium Question Paper will be provided in On Demand Examination.
A set of Question Paper is generated randomly by the computer out of already developed Question Bank based on the blue print and paper design of the subject as and when demanded. All such generated Question Papers are different with same difficulty level. For this a huge database of items based on the blue print and question paper design has been developed A number of items having comparable difficulty level are developed for each activated/marked cells of the blue print. These questions covered in the item bank test learning objectives under knowledge, understanding, application and skill competencies of a Student. For identification, all these items are given a code indicating the subject, the content area to which the item belong, the objective being tested, the type of question, the marks allocated to the item and the serial number of the item.
The advantages of ODES can be stated as follows:
- Allows the Student to get assessed when he/ she is ready. Readiness depends on the Student and not on the institution.
- Attempts to remove the stress of appearing in examination(s), whether for all subjects or in one subject at a fixed time and schedule.
- Attempts to remove the threat of failure in examination.
- Removes frustration, loss of self esteem, peer group ridicule, depression etc.
- Knowledge of results is almost immediate and success, even in one subject, is a strong motivating factor.
- Degree and level of performance is decided by the Student who can reappear in the examination as many times as one wants, till satisfied.
- # Malpractices will be reduced, as it is a system where the tools for evaluation are unique to an individual Student. Every question paper for each Student is different having comparable difficulty level.
- Respects the individuality and sovereignty of each Student.
Result & Certification
Every Month through NIOS web site www.nios.ac.in for the ODE conducted during last month.
- After due processing the ODES result will be declared and published through NIOS web site during last week of every month for the examinations conducted during the preceded month.
- The mark sheet and other documents will be printed only for overall pass candidates by M&M unit and will be sent to the concerned Regional Centre for dispatch to the individual candidate.
- The other candidates wanting mark sheet can send their request through an application attaching the Internet print out and bank draft of Rs.100/- in favour of Secretary, NIOS, payable at NOIDA to Section Officer ( M&M unit), National Institute of Open Schooling A-24-25, Institutional Area, Sector-62, NOIDA, U.P. 201309
- For the purpose of Mark Sheets and certification, all the candidates appearing during May till October will be considered under April Examination of that year. And all the candidates appearing during November till April will be consider under preceeding October Examination.
- "Re-Checking" or "Re-Evaluation" as per NIOS examination norms is allowed in case of ODES also. The candidate may apply to Director (Evaluation) for this on the prescribed proforma available on the NIOS web site along with requisite fees mentioned in the proforma..