In exercise of the powers conferred by section 26 of the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board Act, 1966 (Karnataka Act 16 of 1966) and after obtaining the approval of Government of Karnataka under section 27 thereof in. their letter No. ED 37 SXM 99, dated: 26-04-2002, the Karnataka Secondary Education Board hereby makes the following regulations, namely
- Title:- These Regulations may be called the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (First Amendment) Regulations, 2001.
- Insertion of new Chapter VIII and Regulations No. 58 to 60 :- After Regulation 57 of the Karnataka Secondary Examination Board Regulations, 1966, the following new Chapter VIII and Regulation 58 to 60 shall be inserted, namely
DIVISIONAL OFFICES OF THE BOARD
58. Appointment of Divisional Secretary:- The Board may appoint such number of Divisional Secretaries, who shall be officers of the Department of Public Instruction not below the rank of a Joint Director of Public Instruction.
59. The powers and duties of the Divisional Secretaries:- (1) The Divisional Secretaries and Ex-officio Joint Director shall notwithstanding anything contrary contained in these regulations, but subject to the provisions of the Act, or the rules made there under and the Directors issued by the Director from time to time, exercise the following powers and perform the duties within their jurisdiction namely:
- to sign and issue on behalf of the Board:
- Marks cards;
- Corrections in marks cards and certificates;
- Duplicate marks cards;
- Triplicate certificates;
- Migration certificates.
- Chief Superintendents;
Amendment of Annexure III :- In Annexure III relating to Rules and Scheme of the Karnataka S.S.L.C. Examination for sub-heading "punishment for mal-prictices and entries relating to item 24" the following shall be substituted, namely: